Because the product of intellect or mind is a unique and valuable property, creation and innovation tend to be the main pillars upon which literary, scientific and artistic expressions and forms are based.
As key component to many businesses, copyrights occupy great concern at NJQ and we spare no effort to serve our clients in all areas in the term of consultation and protection of all forms of expression: books, pamphlets and other writings, lectures, musical works… etc.
Members of our staff provide comprehensive broadly based and versatile legal services in the area of copyright law. Our expertise ranges from the creation, maintenance and exploitation of domain name and copyright rights, to their protection in worldwide competition against infringement, misappropriation and counterfeiting, including from the disruptive movement of gray market goods.
Our firm’s copyright experience includes the following:
- Copyright searching and evaluating whether works are in the public domain.
- Filing and prosecuting copyright applications.
- Prosecuting and defending copyright infringement situations.
- Rendering legal opinions concerning the ability to use a particular work.
- Preparing cease and desist letters in the event of copyright infringement and resolving the infringement situation to a successful conclusion.
- Preparing copyright license agreements and assignments. Analyzing whether the use of a person’s name or likeness violates right of publicity laws.